When you reach your mid-50s, questions surrounding work, retirement and the future begin to loom.
There are many reasons why retirement planning may have been brought to the forefront of your mind: from a conversation with a work colleague about your Final Salary pension to a health diagnosis that has triggered a change in your priorities, getting a plan in place now will ensure you can secure the future that you want.
Perhaps work is no longer fulfilling; if you could retire tomorrow, you would, and early retirement is something you want to explore. Alternatively, you might be far from ready to retire; instead, you just want to get a stable plan in place so that retirement, when the time is right, is an easy transition.
You have likely saved money throughout your working life. You might have multiple pensions, savings and a portfolio of investments. Despite this, their value may well be unknown to you. You may also be overwhelmed by the options that the new Pension Freedom rules offer: from Final Salary transfers to the purchase of an annuity, we will show you what the best option is for you.
Our team of highly-qualified Chartered Financial Planners are experts in the field of retirement planning. We will take the worry out of the situation, show you your financial reality and give you the confidence to make the right decisions about your future.
We’re proud to be a firm that has met the criteria to achieve the Pension Transfer Gold Standard as set out by the Personal Finance Society. The Pension Transfer Gold Standard is a voluntary code of good practice for safeguarded and Defined Benefit pension transfer advice. You can learn more here.
Here’s what we do:
- We will have an initial meeting to determine what you want from the future, including what your current financial challenges and long-term aspirations are. This, in turn, will help us to get to know you; which will enable us to build a personable relationship based on trust and mutual understanding.
- We will then move on to analyse and make sense of your financial situation, including your pensions, savings and investments.
- Once this is established, we will create a financial plan that will include solutions to your problems and strategies to achieve your goals, both long term and short term.
- We will present our recommendations to you and take any feedback on board to create a final plan that you are completely happy with. We will then move on to implement the strategies and products that we have recommended in your plan.
- Life is changeable; there will be bumps along the way and forks in the road. An ongoing relationship with a trusted financial professional is, therefore, key to ensuring that you have confidence in your plan going forward. There’s no need to worry; we’re here to guide you every step of the way.
Financial planning in action
Don't just take our word for it
I can understand what Landmark is telling me! They seem able to strip out the jargon and make it all comprehensible.
A client since 2001
We have been receiving advice from Landmark for a number of years and have always found it delivered in a friendly and efficient manner, reflecting our changing circumstances.
Clients since 1999
The forward planning and constructive advice offered by Landmark has given us the confidence to enjoy retirement to the full.
Clients since 1995